Tortellante’s Tortellini recipe
Preparation time 50 minutes
Total time 1 hour
Servings for 8-10 people
Ingredients for the filling:
- pork meat (shoulder), ground 300gr
- 14-month-aged prosciutto, ground 150gr
- mortadella 150gr
- 30-month-aged Parmigiano Reggiano, grated 200 gr
- salt by taste
- a pinch of nutmeg
Ingredients for the dough:
- all-purpose flour 1kg, plus for rolling
- 10 eggs
Preparation of the filling:
- Cut the pork into small pieces and brown them slowly in a non-stick pan. When the meat is golden brown, let it cool.
- Cut the mortadella and ham into small cubes.
- When the meat has cooled in a bowl, put everything – pork meat, mortadella and ham – in a mincer. Add the parmesan, salt and nutmeg, until a fine and homogeneous mixture is obtained. Place in the fridge.
Preparation of the dough:
- On a cutting board – preferably wooden – mound 1kg of flour and form a well in the center. Add the eggs and start mixing vigorously with a fork for about 15 minutes, until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Keep kneading until the dough is firm and smooth, then form it into a ball and set it aside to rest, covered with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin until very thin, cut the flattened dough into same size squares, about 3×3 cm.
- Put the filling (previously removed from the fridge) in the center of the square, close in a triangle and match the two points.