TOP TIPS TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR NEXT BOTTLE OF WINES OF PROVENCE ROSÉ
Wines of Provence Rosé enjoy popular appeal for its fun and easy-drinking charm. Known for its palette of light colours, don’t be too quick to write-off this “pretty-in-pink” wine. Delicate, fresh, fruity and generous, these rosé wines express aromatic complexity: suave in texture and delightfully balanced, they will surprise you if you follow these simple serving suggestions…
- Don’t drink overly chilled. We are all guilty of serving rosé directly from the fridge. The average refrigerator is a cool 4°C. At this temperature, aromatics are muted, and texture is dulled. To fully enjoy its flavours, from varietals such as Grenache, Cinsault and Syrah, industry experts recommend instead 2 hours’ refrigeration or 20 minutes in the freezer for a 8°C-10°C bottle or, if your rosé has spent a couple of days in the chiller, take it out 20 minutes or so before pouring.
- Check the vintage. While certain styles can develop further complexity as the bottle ages, AOPs Côtes de Provence, Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence and Coteaux Varois en Provence rosés are generally made to be consumed upon release or within the year. To truly appreciate these wines, defined by a fine balance of refreshing acidity and bright fruit, look out for recent vintage releases. The exception to the rule? Ultra-premium cuvées that are vinified and matured in oak. These bottlings have the structure and depth to allow for moderate-term cellaring.
- Don’t be afraid to serve with food. Wines of Provence Rosé is not reserved just for cocktail hour! Its wines offer a wealth of great food pairing options. From barbecued prawns, to summer salads, there is no limit to your gourmet combinations! In need of ideas? The attractive berry fruit work wonders in subduing the often-fiery spice of Asian cuisine. Tomato-based sauces, with their vibrant acidity, are ably balanced by the crisp, lively character of these pretty pinks. And, of course, fruity desserts are always a winning match!
- Be a trend-setter. Drink Wines of Provence Rosé all year long! There is no reason why these wines should be limited to summer sipping. Why not break the winter gloom with a cheery glass rosé?
- Leader in taste and style, Wines of Provence Rosé represent quality without compromise and are at the heart of Canadian foodies’ hospitality and their desire to share memorable moments with close ones! To drink Wines of Provence Rosé, it’s also about discovering THE very best of rosé wine.
For more information, please visit www.vinsdeprovence.com