Day 3 of our Canada Day Cocktail Planner
Here we are a little more than a week away from Canada Day celebrations. Today I’m presenting the last cocktail in the series … the last cocktail (in this series) created by Nathan Cameron, mixologist at Casey’s Bar & Grill (surely not the last created by him – we’ll be looking out for more!). Check back next week. I’ll be focusing on Canada Day food, with lots of yummy recipes.
Have you tried any of these cocktails yet? If not, I think that when you do, you’ll find them to be smooth, refreshing and tasty. Don’t let the question of what food to pair with these cocktails scare you away. Whenever most of us think about what alcohol to serve with what food, wine always comes first to mind. But, I think you’ll find that the fruitiness in these cocktails is pretty easy to match. I’ll be offering some food matches next week when I continue the Canada Day Food Planner articles. In the meantime, if you come up with your own, let me know!
Strawberry Cider Mojito
This summer cocktail was created by Mixologist Nathan Cameron of Casey’s Grill & Bar.
- 1 oz. Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- ½ oz. Strawberry Puree (Nathan recommends: Strawberry Island Oasis Puree)
- 1 oz. Sun Orchard Blend
- 6-8 Mint Leaves
- 3 oz. Somersby Cider Method
- Add all ingredients, except cider, to a cocktail shaker
- Add scoop of ice
- Shake well and strain over ice packed glass and top with cider
- Stir well and garnish with half a strawberry on rim of glass