8 Drink Trends for Summer 2013
With summer entertaining and weekend get-togethers top of mind for many, Quench is excited to present a “what’s hot” list for occasions of every kind this season. Low-calorie, ready-to-drink beverages, wines and spirits continue to be popular and the significant growth of Ontario craft beers and ciders remains unstoppable.
History shows that sunny weather leads to greater sales of beer and coolers – especially when tied to a long weekend – but if it’s too cold or rainy, sales soften slightly. Regardless of weather, this year’s Top 8 list for summer is the go-to guide to what’s trendy.
– Tequila and gin are the trend-setters.
Beer & Cider:
– India Pale Ale (IPA) is hot this summer
– local craft beers
– Italian whites – Pinot Grigio, Moscato, Prosecco
– French reds like Beaujolais
– Spain’s Tempranillo
New World Wines:
– Blended wines from California
– Riesling, Cabernet Franc and Baco Noir and Chardonnay from across the country
– Spiced-rum and vodka
– Iced tea coolers
Local, Local, Local:
– buying local is still the way to go for most consumers
– Voli Vodka
– flavour trends in this category are melon, cherry and blood orange.