Molded Vegetable Surprise
3 oz Package lime gelatin
3/4 c Water
Ice cubes 1 md Cucumber, washed and
-sliced thinly 6 oz Can frozen cranberry juice
3/4 c Water
1 T Unflavored gelatine
1/2 c Water
1/2 t Salt
1 c Shredded green cabbage
1. Place lime gelatin and 3/4 cup water in a 1-quart, heat-
resistant non-metallic measuring cup. 2. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 minutes or until mixture boils.
3. Add enough ice cubes to bring liquid level up to 2 cups. Stir until most
of the ice cubes are melted and mixture is consistency of unbeaten egg whites (level of lime mixture should be 1 1/2 cups-add enough water, if necessary, to get that measurement). 4. Pour lime gelatin into 3 cup mold. Place sliced cucumbers in gelatin.
5. Chill until almost set.
6. Soften unflavored gelatine in 1/2 cup water.
7. Place 3/4 cup water and frozen cranberry juice into a 1-quart
heat-resistant, non-metallic measuring cup. Heat, uncovered in Microwave Oven 1 minute or until juice has melted. 8. Stir in unflavored gelatine mixture, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 cup
shredded cabbage. 9. Chill in refrigerator until consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
10. Pour cranberry mixture on top of lime mixture.
11. Chill 3 hours or overnight until set.