Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
3 T Butter or margarine
3 1/2 T Flour
3/4 t Salt
1/4 t Pepper
2 t Dry mustard
3 c Milk
1/2 lb Sharp Cheddar cheese,
-shredded 8 oz Elbow macaroni, cooked and
-drained 12 oz Can luncheon meat, cut into
-1/4 inch strips 3 T Melted butter or margarine
1/2 c Seasond fine dry bread crumb
1. In a deep, 2 1/2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole melt
butter or margarine in Microwave Oven 30 seconds. 2. Blend in flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard stirring until smooth.
3. Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
4. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 10 minutes or until thick- ened and
smooth. Stir frequently during last half of cooking time. 5. Add shredded cheese and stir until melted.
6. Add cooked macaroni and luncheon meat. Stir until well blended.
7. In a small, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl combine melted butter or
margarine and bread crumbs and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 minutes or until bread crumbs are lightly browned. 8. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over macaroni mixture.
9. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 5 minutes or until heated through.
Variation: 2 1/2 cups of ham, tongue, turkey, other leftover meat or other luncheon meat may be substituted for the canned luncheon-meat.