Louisiana Creole Rabbit
1 Cleaned rabbit(3lb)
1 ts Salt
1 ts Black pepper
1/2 ts Cayenne pepper
1/4 c Onion,chopped
3 Garlic cloves,minced
2 tb White vinegar
1 ts Browning sauce
1 cn Mushrooms,drained(8oz)
1 tb Butter or margarine,melted
1 tb Parsley,minced
2 tb Green bell pepper,minced
2 tb Green onions,chopped
2/3 c White wine,dry
1. Dry rabbit and place in bowl.
2. Combine salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, onion, garlic and vinegar;
pour over rabbit, turning pieces to coat. 3. Cover bowl and marinade overnight in refrigerator.
4. Transfer rabbit and marinade to well-greased baking dish.
5. Bake in preheated 450'F. oven 1 hour.
6. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over rabbit.
7. Bake 30 to 45 minutes longer, until rabbit is fork-tender.