Baked Stuffed Peaches
75 g ground almonds
3/4 cup ground amaretti
50 g sugar
2 egg yolks .br or
1 whole egg -- beaten
6 freestone peaches
butter 1/2 cup marsala
1. Combine the sugar, ground almonds and amaretti.
2. Gradually stir in the beaten egg, adding just enough egg so the mixture holds together; don't let it become too wet to hold its shape.
3. Form the mixture into 12 balls approx. the size of walnuts.
4. Butter a shallow baking dish. Halve the peaches and remove the pits,= placing the halves cut-side up in the dish.
5. Press a ball of the almond mixture into the cavity of each peach half.= Dot the tops with butter, and drizzle marsala over all.
6. Bake at 190 =F8C for around 30 mins. until the almond mixture is golden and crusty. Serve warm or chilled.
Difficulty : easy. Precision : measure ingredients.