Summer Food and Wine Festivals
Now that the warm weather has finally arrived, get out there and celebrate all of the great food and wine festivals that are taking place all summer long all over Canada. Wherever you happen to be, there are sure to be community-wide events that showcase the good things growing in each region of this expansive land.
Some of the summer events are free while others may charge a nominal fee. Hop on the Internet and search for those taking place around you. Most of the planned festivals around the country have websites, so you can look up any information you need quickly and easily. These events are a perfect opportunity to meet the farmers, chefs, brewmasters and winemakers who live and work in your own neighbourhood.
If you’re in need of a little down time, plan a get-away to any one of these summer events. It’s a wonderful opportunity to see what’s happening in another part of the country.
Here’s only a partial list of events taking place across Canada. Check out your local newspaper or city website to find out what’s going on in your own neighbourhood.
• Summerlicious – July 3-19, Toronto, Ontario
• Summerside Lobster Carnival – July 11-18, PEI
• A Taste of Saskatchewan – July 14-19, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
• Humber Valley Strawberry Festival – July 17-19, Deer Lake, Newfoundland
• Slow Food Cycle Sunday – August 16, Pemberton, British Columbia
• Atlantic Seafood Festival – August 20-22, New Brunswick