Fun With Wine
Think you know your wine? Test your expertise courtesy of Shafer Vineyards, located in Napa Valley, California. Uncork a bottle of your favourite wine and rustle up some tasty tidbits. Once you’re relaxed, see how many of these you can answer correctly.
1) A US survey reports that 70 percent of singles appreciate dates who know their way around what?
2) According to Prince Charles’s website, the heir to the English throne owns a 40-year-old Aston Martin that runs on bioethanol made from what?
3) What percentage of test-takers pass the Court of Master Sommeliers’ annual exam?
4) Only a small percentage of bottles from the Champagne region bear the letters RM for récoltant-manipulant, which means a what?
5) The grape variety that in Germany is called Spätburgunder is also known by what other name?
6) Italian researchers say wine’s complexity is enhanced by what distributing yeasts among grapes in vineyards?
7) The amount of land now “under vine” in England has done what since 2004?
8) According to Chinese officials approximately what percent of the Château Lafite Rothschild in the country is fake?
9) US scholars say that when Egyptian hieroglyphics were invented in 3200 B.C. one of the first was the sign for: