Sweet Potatoes stuffed with Feta cheese
Look for the PDO sign (Protected Designation of Origin) which ensures the quality, the uniqueness and the authenticity of Feta.
3 sweet potatoes
100 g feta cheese, crumbled
5 sprigs of chives, finely chopped
6 cubes of butter
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork so that their excess moisture can escape while they are cooking.
- Wrap them in aluminum foil, place them in a baking pan and roast them in the oven for about 50 minutes, until completely soft.
- The time they will need to cook depends on their size. If your sweet potatoes are too large they will need more time to bake. You can prick them with a small knife to see if they are soft. If the knife sinks into the sweet potato flesh without any resistance, then they are ready.
- As soon as they are soft, remove from oven. Unwrap them from the foil and carefully cut them in half, lengthwise. Use a fork to remove the sweet potato flesh, leaving the shells intact. You will fill them again when the filling is ready.
- Transfer the flesh to a bowl and mash a little with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Add some crumbled feta cheese and finely chopped chives and mix to combine.
- Fill the sweet potato skins with the filling. Add a small cube of butter to each and serve.
Youtube: Feta Cheese