Champagne Vacations on a Beer Budget
By Rosemary Mantini / Food / May 14th, 2012 / Like
I came across these advertised getaways courtesy of Hotels.com recently. Perhaps you’re thinking of a spring or summer break to places unknown (or known and well-travelled perhaps). I’ll be off to Edmonton later this week. It won’t be a fun, relaxing kind of holiday, though. Work, work, work. I’ll be participating in the Slow Food Convention being held in that great city. I will be sure to take lots of pictures and write about all the delicious food and drink.
In the meantime, here are the top 5 exotic and luxury travel destinations that you can experience on a budget.
1. Marrakech, Morocco for fantastic shopping, nightclubs and traditional Moroccan cuisine.
2. Budapest, Hungary for a relaxing spa experience, incredible architecture and tasty wine.
3. Beijing, China for its flavourful cuisine and the Forbidden City.
4. Bangkok, Thailand for its impressive temples and floating market.
5. Berlin, Germany for its galleries and good eats.