Live from Napa
Some exciting events are set to kick off in February for those interested in learning more about (and possibly purchasing) the exceptional wines of California’s Napa Valley. These include an auction featuring exclusive winery cellar only lots, and educational seminars featuring some of Napa’s top winemaking personalities.
Napa Library Wine Auction
The Napa Valley Vintners has brought together a stunning collection of nearly 100 exclusive library lots direct from winery cellars for its inaugural Direct from the Cellar: Napa Valley Library Wine Auction. The auction showcases Napa Valley’s excellence in winemaking and the spirit of collaboration that Napa is so well known for. Powered by Zachys, one of the foremost wine auction houses, bidding will open on Thursday, February 11 and close via live online auction from Zachys in New York City on Saturday, February 20 at 3:00 p.m. PT. Link to Zachy’s website: https://auction.zachys.com/catalog.aspx?auctionid=100
All proceeds from the Napa Valley Library Wine Auction benefit programs to promote, protect and enhance Napa Valley.
Napa Valley Vintners is also partnering with Antonio Galloni to do five amazing educational sessions with iconic Napa wineries.
All will be recorded and posted on Facebook and the Sessions website.
- February 11 at 5:30 p.m. PT/8:30 p.m. ET/9:30 a.m. Friday HK/10:30 a.m. Friday Tokyo
Vintages of Past and Visions for the Future moderated by Antonio Galloni
- Some big names in the works
- February 12 at12 p.m. PT/3 p.m. ET/8 p.m. London
- Exploring Oakville at the Heart of the Napa Valley moderated by Antonio Galloni
- Annie Favia with Favia and Michael Silacci from Opus One are confirmed
- February 16 at12 p.m. PT/3 p.m. ET/8 p.m. London
- Exploring Rutherford Where History and Tradition Meet Quality moderated by Antonio Galloni
- Inglenook, Freemark Abbey and Beaulieu Vineyards confirmed
- February 17 at12 p.m. PT/3 p.m. ET/8 p.m. London
- Exploring the ‘Cooler’ Corner of Southeastern Napa Valley moderated by Antonio Galloni
- Signorello, Rewa (Celia Welch), Shafer confirmed
- February 18 at 5:30 p.m. PT/8:30 p.m. ET/9:30 a.m. Friday HK/10:30 a.m. Friday Tokyo
- Dive into the Unexplored Varieties of Napa Valley moderated by Antonio Galloni
- Saintsbury, Robert Biale, Robert Mondavi (Fume Blanc) and Arrow&Branch confirmed
- February 1, 2021: Lots posted on Zachys.com
- February 11, 2021: Bidding Opens
- Saturday, February 20 at 3:00 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET/11 p.m. London/7:30 a.m. Sunday HK/8:30 a.m. Sunday Tokyo: Lots sold via Live Auction