Blackberry Rosemary Smash
by Harry Dosanj
This cocktail is light, fruity and refreshing — perfect for the lovely weather!
- 2 oz local craft gin
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 0.75 oz honey syrup (simmer equal parts honey and water for 10 minutes, then let cool)
- 5 blackberries (frozen from last season)
- 2 pinches of rosemary leaves
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the blackberries and rosemary together
- Add the gin, lemon juice and honey syrup
- Fill the cocktail shaker with lots of ice so the shaker is nearly full and shake well for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Fine strain into a rocks glass with ice, garnish with a lemon wheel or blackberries on a pick
About Harry Dosanj, Bar Travelling Man:
Harry Dosanj is a Kelowna-based bartender from Southampton, England. Learning his craft across the Okanagan Valley (Canada) with stints at Poppadoms, Bacaro Kitchen + Drink, Juniper Vancouver, West Coast Grill and Cache Lounge and Basil and Mint, Harry has competed in the top 26 in Canada for Diageo World Class. From bartending classes and weddings to private parties and corporative events, Bar Travelling Man has been serving up tasty cocktails inspired by the seasons as well as his family’s Indian heritage for over five years.