Sour Cream Tortilla Casserole
1/2 c Onion, chopped
2 tb Salad oil
28 oz Tomatoes (1 can)
1 pk Mexican rice seasoning mix
2 tb Salsa jalapena
12 Corn tortillas
1/2 c Salad oil
3/4 c Onion, chopped
1 lb Monterey Jack cheese, grated
2 c Dairy sour cream
1 ts Salt, seasoned
Pepper, seasoned 1. Saute onion in 2 tablespoons salad oil until tender.
2. Add tomatoes, seasoning mix and salsa jalapena, breaking up tomatoes.
3. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 to 20
minutes. Set aside to cool. 4. Fry tortillas lightly in a small amount of oil, 10 to 15 seconds on
each side. (Do not let them get crisp.) 5. Pour 1/2 cup sauce into the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
6. Arrange a layer of tortillas over the sauce. (Tortillas can overlap.)
7. Top with a third of the sauce, onions and cheese.
8. Repeat the procedure twice, making 3 layers of tortillas.
9. Combine sour cream and seasoned salt; spread over cheese to edges of
dish. 10. Sprinkle lightly with seasoned pepper.
11. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 325
Subscribe to Newsletter
© 2017 Quench Magazine