How To Pair Wine With Your Favourite TV Show
Wine pairing isn’t just for cheese anymore: savvy sipper Euming Lee serves up tips on which fermentations will add flavour to your fall television line-up. “We’re always looking to pair a great wine with our meals, but wine is so much more than just an occasion based product,” said Lee. “Like sinking into a show, enjoying a glass of wine is a simple way to end the day where we can wind down and escape our busy lifestyles.”What grape would best compliment the ladies of Wisteria Lane? Lee pairs a selection of blends with the upcoming season’s most buzzed about shows. Whether it’s a Merlot for a murder mystery or a Chardonnay for our beloved Seattle Grace doctors, there’s a wine for you to sip back and relax with your favourite program.
Watch, drink and be merry:
• To compliment the frankness of The Big Bang Theory, the youth of Glee and the playfulness of Dancing with the Stars, try OPEN Wines Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot and Cabernet Merlot.
• Linden Bay’s Pinot Grigio is classic and stylish like the new series Pan AM, where Christina Ricci and Margot Robbie explore the energy and excitement of the 1960s Jet Age.
• Desperate Housewives and The Good Wife know a thing or two about being naked – physically and emotionally – and should be paired with Naked Grape’s Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
• We can always count on Meredith Grey and McDreamy to remind us what really counts in life. Grey’s Anatomy, much like Sawmill Creek’s medium-bodied Merlot, takes us back to a place where life is simpler.
• Trove wines captivate and intrigue its audience by enticing them to seek its hidden treasures in a world of mystery. Cue crime dramas! Trove’s Riesling Moscato and Shiraz Cabernet are best served with a side of Blue Bloods, Castle, Criminal Minds or CSI.