Top 10 Hidden Beaches
1. Koh Lanta is the southernmost island of Thailand’s Krabi Province, far from the tourism boom of neighbouring Phuket and Koh Samui. As a laid-back escape, Koh Lanta is an unspoiled paradise. Head out to the area’s secluded Pimalai Resort hideaway offering luxurious beachfront villas.
2. Anse Cocos on La Digue is far from the well-trodden shores of Anse Source d’Argent in Seychelles. Only accessible by foot, you may have to scramble over some boulders but know that the rocky shores keep out intruders in your own private cove.
3. Santa Teresa Beach in Costa Rica is getting noticed – now’s the time to go to experience the solitude, alone with the rainforest and crashing waves. A surfing heaven from April-November, Playa Santa Teresa is also a honeymoon dream, with luxury beach villas.
4. Fiji’s Yasawa Island offers cobalt-blue sea lapping over coral sandy beaches. The Eight Month Beach can be reached only by private yacht and is Yasawa Island’s best kept secret. It’s best to visit Fiji in September-November.
5. Maha’ulepu Beach is the last undiscovered beach in Kauai on the Hawaiian Island’s southern shore. Maha’ulepu offers up cinnamon sand hugged by mountaintops and fertile valleys. Luxury villas with pools overlook this quiet beach.
6. The Mozambique Private Island Medjumbe in the Quirimbas Archipelago is a secluded private island that gives you the feeling that you’ve found your own hidden corner of the world. Abundant gardens, teeming wildlife and discrete beach villas abound in the ultimate private island hideaway.
7. Whitehaven on Whitsunday Island off the coast of Australia gets its name from the pristine white sand. Arrive to the island by your private yacht and discover the pure, unspoiled Whitehaven Beach. The bone-white beach is the perfect spot to relax after a fun day of sailing.
8. Simple pleasures, simply marvelous – Simplicity Beach on the Caribbean private island Mustique is a secret spot of pink sand and lazy, turquoise waves. The Mustique villas are a treasure onto themselves, offering exclusive amenities beachside on this Caribbean private island catering to a lucky few, well-heeled travelers.
For further info and some great photos, check out Paradizo.com.