Weren’t the holidays lovely? We had time to relax, enjoy a leisurely breakfast, stay in our pj’s until noon…
Well, this morning was a shock to the system! Back to school, back to work, back to the rush.
A healthy solution to a hectic morning schedule is a quick and easy smoothie. It fills the stomach and fuels the brain, even on the go.
All you need is a decent blender and some on-the-go reusable cups.
A few tips:
- Add your liquids first, then yogurt, then fruit.
- Except in the case of bananas, frozen fruit is the better option. You’ll end up with a cold smoothie without the addition of ice.
- To up the protein in any smoothie, use Greek yogurt.
- To re-align your digestive system after holiday indulgences, use a probiotic yogurt.
- Sweeten with honey, if necessary, never sugar.
Here are a few of the best recipes out there; enjoy!
Great for the Kids
Instead of Coffee