Simple and Delicious Mussels Marinara
It feels like a Mussels Marinara kind of evening…
Mussels are among the most versatile of seafood and so inexpensive, you can make them for company without breaking the bank. Start dinner with shrimp cocktail, followed by a salad. For bigger appetites, double the recipe.
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 lb mussels, cleaned
- 1 can good quality diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup Pinot Grigio
- French baguette
- In Dutch oven, sauté shallots in olive oil until softened.
- Add garlic; sauté one minute.
- Add mussels, tomatoes and wine.
- Cover. Cook over medium-high heat about 10 minutes or until mussels open.
- Discard any unopened shells.
- Serve in shallow bowls with baguette to soak up the juices.
Serve with Pinot Grigio