Must-Try – The Elevated Vodka & Soda
Recently, Quench had an opportunity to pick the brains of Grey Goose’s finest minds. Not only were we given advice on how to construct a series of Elevated Vodka & Sodas, we were schooled in the art of hosting the ultimate summer soiree. We are happy to share both, here, with our readers. Wishing you a wonderful weekend and a Happy #FridayCocktail.
Tips for Hosting a Summer Soiree
Set the Scene
- Set the right mood with a series of strategically placed votive candles.
- Double-duty your cocktail napkins and use them as a decorative element.
- Have lots of ice on hand. Decorate with several beautiful, filled to the brim, ice buckets.
- Play music to set the tone of your soiree. Create playlists in advance to avoid the back-and-forth from your device.
Wow with the Menu
- Take some pressure off and ask your guests to each bring an appetizer.
- Budget 2 or 3 of six to eight different hors d’oeuvres per person.
- Serve room temperature and cold selections to cut back on prep time.
- Try scaling down favourite foods to a bite-size version.
Craft an Exceptional Cocktail
Exceptional doesn’t mean complicated. Sometimes, simplicity is the ultimate in sophistication.
Cherry Noir & Soda
- 1 1/2 parts Grey Goose Cherry Noir Vodka
- 3 parts soda
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1 oregano branch
- In a glass filled with ice, squeeze one lemon wedge and discard it.
- Add vodka.
- Top with chilled soda.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and oregano.
Stay tuned for our upcoming interview with Grey Goose’s ambassador, Julien LaFond. He’ll lead us through a lesson in drinking vodka and dispel the myth that it is a tasteless and odourless libation.